In spring, focus on freshening up your home and protecting your property against the season’s strong winds, warm days and leading into the summer rains.
- Clean gutters and downpipes. Learn how to maintain your gutters. Remember ladder safety here
- Inspect roof and chimney for cracks and damage
- Touch up peeling or damaged paint.
- Wash all windows inside and out
- Install screens on doors and windows (those summer bugs can be pesky!)
- Clean outdoor furniture and air out cushions (be mindful for any hidden creepy crawlies)
- Service your lawn mower
- Fertilize your lawn
- Test smoke alarms and change batteries
- Wash and change seasonal bedding
- Dust blinds and vacuum curtains throughout your home
- Clean kitchen and bathroom cabinets and throw away outdated food, medicines and cosmetics
- Have air conditioner outside professionally inspected and serviced
- Test electrical switchboard and safety switches
Like your car, your home needs regular maintenance and occasional tune-ups to stay in tip-top shape.
Fortunately, you can complete most of these tasks by yourself and schedule the professionals for any indoor or outdoor tasks.
Regular home maintenance is essential to ensure a safe and efficient home. It’s a good idea to set aside some money in your budget each month for home maintenance and repair. As a rule of thumb, homeowners spend between 1% to 3% of their home’s value on maintenance and repair each year.
Following these simple maintenance checklist every year can help your home look its best, keep utility bills down and prevent more costly repairs in the future.
The schedule safety checks and servicing you can call us on 1300 390 045