If you take steps to maintain your plumbing systems yourself then you will save a great deal on the cost of repairs down the track. There are also many repairs that you can easily perform yourself without too much hassle.
Here are some simple tips that will help you to keep your plumbing in shape.
- Don’t use chemicals to clean your toilets and drains because they damage the rubber seals. Instead use a baking soda, vinegar and boiling water solution.
- Use a strainer to stop food and hair from going into your drainage systems.
- Do not put oils or fat down your drain, instead empty them into the bin or pour them into your garden.
- Get all minor problems fixed at the same time so that you can save on the cost of calling plumbers out to your house.
- Repair small issues immediately. Replacing rubber taps is very easy to do yourself and it will prevent any issues with mould or damp from occurring.