Plumbing is essential in maintaining the quality and condition of your home. Maintenance can save you a great deal by preventing serious problems from occurring.
Here are some plumbing tips that will be sure to save you some money.
- Buy a plunger so that you can deal with blocked drains and toilets yourself. This will save you the call out fee for a plumber every time.
- Clean your drains with baking soda and vinegar instead of bleach products to protect the rubber seals.
- Always keep the living spaces in your house above freezing to avoid frozen pipes. This is especially important when you are away from the property.
- Clean your garbage disposal with cherry pips, lemon rinds and dish soap to keep it running smoothly and smelling nice.
- Regularly check for water damage around all appliances so you can identify leaks before they become serious.
- Pay a professional to pump your septic tank once every five years to prevent a build-up of sediment. This will stop a backup into your house and save you a great deal of money and unpleasantness.