If your home has blocked drains, leaky pipes, toilets that don’t flush or dripping faucets, you need some plumbing help. Here are some do’s and don’ts when it comes to home plumbing.
- Check all your toilets for leaks once a year.
- Put two or three gallons of boiling water down each drain at least once a month.
- Keep a professional plumber’s phone number handy at all times.
- Check all seams and seals around showers regularly.
- Clean the drain on your water heater at least twice a year.
- Don’t put cooking oils, fats, milk, coffee grinds, or tea leaves into your drains.
- Don’t plant shrubs or trees over the top of sewage lines.
- Don’t put dishes into the dishwasher without rinsing first.
- Don’t pour boiling water into the toilet.
- Don’t try to flush sanitary napkins or diapers down the toilet.